The appearance of red or blue capillaries on the body or face is caused by dilated blood vessels in the surface areas of the skin. The most effective way to remove the capillaries is laser therapy. Laser light energy is focused selectively on the blood vessel. Then energy is transferred from the laser to the vein, which makes the blood to evaporate, and the vein shrinks and is absorbed into the tissue. After the treatment, the capillaries may darken, but within 1-4 weeks you will see the treatment result.
Single small capillaries, spider veins and hemangiomas on nose, chin, cheeks, also on legs and body can be removed.
We use Nordlys by Ellipse IPL and ND:Yag lasers. Ellipse technology from Denmark is among the top-providers of IPL solutions, and possesses a strong IP position with worldwide IPL licenses. Incontrovertible scientific evidence has stood behind every Ellipse solution since the first Ellipse system made its debut in 1997. Every Ellipse product is developed in close cooperation with leading dermatologists and research institutions. With thousands of users and and scores of clinical articles documenting the safety and effectiveness of Ellipse products, Ellipse is clinically proven safe and effective. At Medemis Ellipse treatments are performed only by medical practitioners (doctors and nurses).
Ellipse’ uniqe technology Dual Mode Filtering (which eliminates unnecessary and potential harmful wavelengths, allowing only those that are beneficial to the treatment) ensures that the treatment is done without damaging the surrounding tissue, without the need for active skin cooling.
Good to know:
- Laser therapy can be done throughout the year (also in summer).
- You should not sunbathe at least two weeks before and after the treatment.
- You should not exfoliate the skin before and after the treatment.
- After the treatment you may experience some swelling and/or redness of the skin, which will reduce in couple of hours until within 1-2 days.
- Laser therapy cannot be used to treat large leg veins.
- Laser therapy is a good follow up treatment for sclerotherapy after 1 month.
- We provide treatments to under 18-year-olds only with parental consent.
If you need further information about the treatment or you are not sure which treatment is best suitable for you you are welcome to nurse consultation. Together with specialist your personal treatment plan is generated.