Quick and painless way to permanently remove unwanted hair
Laser- and photoepilation are the most effective ways of permanent hair removal as it does not damage the skin structure. At Medemis we use IPL photoepilation technology. The procedure can be done on face and body on both men and women.
The photo light is delivered into the hair follicle at the right dose, the follicle is destroyed so that it cannot develop any hair, this secures no hair growth in the future. The hair growth reduces significantly after each photoepilation session. However the hair grows in several phases and photo light can only affect the currently active growing hair follicles. Hence, several sessions are needed to kill hair in all phases of growth.
Multiple treatments may be needed depending on the type, colour and structure of the hair, skin color, hormonal stage and age.
Depenging on the treated area, most clients normally need 4-6 treatments in 6 weeks interval.
Areas for photoepilation:
- Bikini area
- Lower abdomen
- Upper lip
Good to know:
- Photoepilation cannot be used to remove white, grey or red hair.
- You should avoid sunbathe, use sun beds or using tanning lotions 2 weeks prior to and after the treatment.
- You should not pluck, wax or bleach the hairs 4 weeks prior to the treatment
- You shoud shave the area before treatment.
- There cannot be any tattoos on the area.
- Procedure is not done during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- We provide treatments to under 18 year olds only with parental consent.