Facelift surgery is a procedure when saggy facial muscles are tightened and excessive skin is removed surgically.
Face and neck plastic surgery will be a solution for the patients with the following problems:
- saggy facial muscles
- droopy eyebrows
- deep creases in the area between the nose and corners of the mouth
- drooping corners of the mouth
- double chin
With ageing, our face skin loses its elasticity, the fat tissue in the face starts thinning and unwanted wrinkles appear. Facelift surgery lifts the tissues and tightens the face skin, giving you a younger look.
Facelift surgery is mainly performed on women of 40-70 years of age (but also on men). The age of those who come to have facelift surgery is different because the condition of the face skin mainly depends on the genes and prior skin care.
Generally, surgical facelift extends to the middle and lower part of the face (cheekbones, cheeks, lower jaw and the area under the lower jaw bones) as well as to the neck, and during surgery the underlying tissues and the skin are tightened and lifted.
Good to know:
- The surgery usually lasts 2-4 hours.
- The procedure is mostly carried out under general anaesthesia, i.e. the patient falls asleep during surgery and wakes up later in a recovery room where the patient spends the night at the clinic.
- After surgery, the swelling of soft tissues can possible develop (which can stay for 2-3 weeks) as well as haematomas; the skin sensitivity can also reduce.
- It is recommended to refrain from working 10-14 days after surgery.
Full recovery after surgical facelift can last up to 4 weeks and the final result will manifest in 5-6 months, but this can vary depending on the initial state of the face and face skin as well as patient’s life style and habits. For instance, smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol loosens the skin; therefore the surgery result might not last for a long time. But if you have a healthy life style and take proper care of your skin, the result of surgical facelift will be amazing.
“Plastic surgery results are permanent, which means that this is a life-changing decision. In order to achieve as good and expected result as possible, you should act knowingly. Already before you come to consultation it would be wise to gather information from the clinic’s homepage and learn about various options. During consultation at Medemis we will together fix a treatment plan taking into account your individual peculiarities and wishes. When you have a clear picture of the entire process, your fears will just go away and there will be no unexpected surprises. We encourage you to come to consultation, and do not be afraid – consultation will not oblige you to decide in favour of surgery there and then”.