Sometimes, even if breasts are of normal size, they need correction due to some irregularity. For example, breasts have lost their firmness with age or are originally asymmetrical. It can be that one breast is positioned lower than the other or the nipples “look” in different directions. Frequently, breasts need correction after giving birth and breastfeeding or after major weight loss. Also, breasts lose fat tissue and firmness with age and start sagging.
Surgery will lift breasts and correct their shape.
Good to know:
- Surgery is performed with general anaesthesia.
- You cannot eat or drink 6-8 hours before surgery.
- After surgery, you will spend the night in the clinic under the care of a nurse.
- You should take 4-5 days off from doing everyday work.
- Recovery and return to normal life rhythm takes approximately 3-4 weeks; you can start physical exercise after 4-6 weeks from surgery.
- You will see the final result after 6-12 months.
- The first post-surgery follow-up is usually after one month from surgery, then after 3 months, 6 months and 12 months, and from there on once a year.
- The skin should be healthy and clean. There should be no active skin diseases or abscesses.
- Before surgery and during recovery period, you should not consume alcohol as it causes swelling.
- You should not get pregnant within a year after surgery. Also, it is recommended to wait one year after pregnancy and stopping breastfeeding before coming to surgery.
Surgery is preceded by surgeon consultation*, during which the patient explains her wishes and expectations and the doctor suggests a treatment plan. Each patient is different, and jointly with the doctor the best personal treatment is chosen.
* Plastic surgeon appointment fee is €40.