Many wrinkles are caused by the active mimic of the face muscles, therefore such wrinkles can be reduced by relaxing the underlying face muscles. Depending on the area, light injections are administered in the muscle or skin. Since the procedure is relatively painless, no anaesthesia is needed. Botulinum temporarily relaxes the muscles of expression, thus reducing the skin wrinkles. Nowadays, botulinum is injected so as to preserve the minimum facial expressions with the aim of achieving a natural, but also a youthful and relaxed appearance. Besides, botulinum smoothes the skin and narrows the pores. The effect becomes visible in about 3 days. The maximum effect arrives in 10 days and lasts 3-6 months.
Most common areas:
- mimic wrinkles on forehead (frown lines, horizontal lines)
- branching wrinkles at the outer corner of the eye (the so-called crow’s feet)
- wrinkles around the lips
- horizontal nose lines
- drooping mouth corners
- rough skin on the chin
- sagging neck skin (the so-called turkey neck)
Good to know:
After the procedure:
- Keep the injection area clean and avoid excessive sweating
- It is not recommended to use make-up products for 12 hours after injections
- You should not drink alcohol for 24 hours
- The swelling and redness that occur after the injections will disappear in about 10 minutes.
- To facilitate the effect of treatment, it is recommended to actively use your mimic for half an hour.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Severe neuromuscular diseases
- Active herpes
We provide treatments to under 18 year olds only with parental consent.
“With correct indications and performed by a learned specialists, the results of mimic wrinkles treatment satisfy the clients as well as the doctor.”