Acne is a chronic skin disease involving the inflammation of sebaceous glands, and it may appear on the face, back or chest. It shows as pimples – open or closed comedones, papules or abscesses. Acne appears mainly on the face, back and chest, but it can also affect other parts of the body,
Acne can be light, medium or severe. Based on rash elements, acne can be classified as follows:
- Papular-pustular acne
- Comedonal acne
- Cystic nodular acne
Acne can be caused by many different factors: hormone imbalance, pore clogging, increased oil secretion, genetic and external environmental factors.
Acne is a frequent skin condition, which is mainly developed by young people at the age of 12-24, but it can also occur in older age. Acne usually begins at puberty, but it may last until a person becomes an adult. Even infants may develop acne or it may appear when a person is already a grown-up. But it is girls at the age of 14 to 17 and boys of 16 to 19, who develop acne most frequently.
Solutions to the problem
- Nurse consultation – our nurse will help assess the stage of acne and suggest the best treatment options. Besides, the nurse will give advice on skin care at home.
- Cosmetic skin care (incl. mechanical face cleansing), in the course of which the patient will be given advice on appropriate skin care at home.
- Dermatologist appointment – depending on the degree of acne, it is important to consult a doctor who will help choose the appropriate treatment.
- Chemical peels – to get inflammation processes in flare-up stages under control.
- IPL acne treatment – alleviation of inflammation processes and removal of post-acne hyperpigmentation.
- Treatment of acne scars – Dermapen, TCA peels
How to take care of your acne every day?
You should avoid using make-up with high-fat content as it may lead to clogging of pores.
Excessive sunbathing may speed up hyperkeratosis of the skin. It blocks sebaceous glands and prevents free sebum discharge, which leads to clogging and inflammation.
The skin has to be treated with proper products. Regular cleaning of the skin from excessive sebum and removal of dead skin cells helps prevent pore clogging. If you have acne, you should use anti-acne washing gel and cleansing water as well as special day and night care creams.
Do not pop pimples as it may flare up inflammation and cause scarring. However, in certain conditions, it may still be necessary to open pimples. Opened comedones and pustules can be popped in clean conditions and then immediately a respective care cream should be applied.
Good to know:
- Nurse consultation is 15€.
- The price of the dermatologist appointment is 50€ (incl. children).
- IPL treatment procedures cannot be carried out on tanned, brown skin. Depending on the tone of the skin, at least 2-4 weeks should have passed from the last sunbathing.
- You might develop redness or swelling after the procedure.