Correction of the abdomen area is a surgical solution for the following problems:
- Excessive stomach skin
- Oversized stomach
- Stretched or loose stomach
During surgery, excessive fat tissue and skin are surgically removed. The desired result and expectations of the patient are discussed with the doctor at the consultation beforehand.
Good to know:
- Surgery is performed with general anaesthesia.
- You cannot eat or drink 6-8 hours before surgery.
- Surgery lasts 2-3 hours.
- After surgery, you will spend the night in the clinic under the care of a nurse.
- You should take 5-10 days off from doing everyday work.
- Recovery and return to normal life rhythm takes approximately 4-5 weeks; you can start physical exercise after 6-8 weeks from surgery.
- You will see the final result after 6-12 months.
- You should wear special underwear 24 hours a day for 4-6 weeks.
The first post-surgery follow-up is usually after one month from surgery, then after 3 months, 6 months and 12 months, and from there on once a year.
Surgery is preceded by surgeon consultation*, during which the patient explains his or her wishes and expectations and the doctor suggests a treatment plan. Each patient is different, and jointly with the doctor the best personal treatment is chosen.
* Plastic surgeon appointment fee is €40.