Chemical peeling helps improve the uneven skin structure, smooth superficial wrinkles, reduce pigmented spots, acne scars, and is an ideal treatment of acne-prone skin. Medemis mainly uses alpha-hydroxy (AHA) acids, which occur in fruits and other natural sources. All acids even the complexion, regulate oil secretion and smooth the skin structure.
Renewed, younger and smoother skin.
The result of chemical peeling can be seen after full recovery of the skin, which depends on the depth of penetration and may last 2-4 weeks. How long the results will last depends on the skin problem and skin care products used afterwards. A Medemis specialist will advise you on the suitable frequency of treatment.
According to their concentration, acids can be divided as follows:
- Light gel peels, which peel gently, are painless and do not cause skin peeling.
- Retinol peels, which are gentle, superficial peels, are painless and cause light skin peeling.
- Alcohol-based peels, which are strong chemical peels that ensure fast and visible results. In a day or two, the skin starts to peel, so special lotions need to be applied.
Good to know:
- After the chemical peel you should not mechanically pull the peeling skin.
- After the chemical peel you should not sunbathe or use sunbeds or active beauty products for 2 weeks.
- After the treatment the post-care is very important, you need to moisturise the skin and use SPF products.
- If you have a cold sore, the treatment cannot be performed.
- We provide treatments to under 18 year olds only with parental consent.
“Many clients who have battled acne for years tell me that they have tried different creams, medicines and cosmetic procedures, but it is only the chemical peeling that has finally helped them. This treatment is especially popular in winter when the skin becomes uneven and sallow because of the cold and dry air.”